Saturday, August 21, 2010

Narrow Scope: Haunting Grounds part 2

Continuing where I left off last night on Demento, once you get dressed, you are free to explore the room. And yes, you can look at the painting the perverted guy was behind, but you won't see him there. You'll just see a painting. A rather boring one. Oh, and all the paintings with a man featured in them are the same guy.

Now, I never actually went to explore the room any, except for a few items later, but if you go to the T.V. and turn it on, you get your first freak-out effect of the game, where everything gets all grainy and saturated and turns black and white. God forbid you enter full-on panic mode, because then you can just forget about having good eyesight. Thankfully, it's only happened once to me, because the panic bar takes a long time to fill up unless you go out of your way to freak yourself out as much as possible. But why the bloody hell would you do that? This isn't Clock Tower, for god's sake!

I think I just heard Minx snort milk up her nose from laughing so hard.

So!

By turning on the T.V., and I am absolutely spoiling this, you give yourself a distraction for enemies to take note of while you hide. It won't always work, though, so don't go making a habit of it. I died several times.

Since there's really nothing left in the room to do, you get to wander around a bit. And as soon as you leave your room and go left through the hallway (Don't mind the bloody pillar), and you get to the next doorway-

Debi throws a doll at you.

And then he tries to kill you.

So run.

This is where my little hint comes in handy, because as soon as you hide, Debi comes into your room, and if you turned on the T.V., instead of going immediately to the bed and finding you, he will turn off the T.V., wander around a bit, then leave. You'll know when you're safe because ALL CLEAR! will feature on the screen. But, I personally never did trust that.

Be aware that Debi will chase you around a lot. So be prepared to run. Or, if you feel stupid, you can kick at him, but god help you if you happen to get caught in one of his hugs. Good luck getting out of that!

Wait, this went from a review to a walkthrough, what did I just, I don't even...

It must be too early for this.

Or I should find a different game to talk about. Demento has kind of been an obsession since I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment